In this digital era, music streaming has strongly revolutionized the way we listen to our favourite tracks or songs, which is seen by the music streaming services like Spotify.
Among the countless Spotify features, Spotify Jam stands out as one of the most notable features Spotify has ever launched.
Remarkably, Jam has taken the music streaming experience to the next level as it allows Spotify Premium users to create a collaborative listening session with friends and family members.
So, in this article, we’re going to discuss what Jam session is, how this feature works, and how you can create a Jam session for yourself.
You can read our another best guide on How to Fix Playback Restricted on Spotify
What is Spotify Jam?
Spotify Jam is a newly introduced feature that allows premium users to create a real-time collaborative jam session with friends or family members regardless of whether they’ve Spotify Premium or not.
Jam is a unique and innovative addition to the Spotify Music streaming platform to enhance the seamless music experience for the users. This feature was first introduced by the Spotify platform on 26 September 2023.
However, this jam feature is similar to Spotify Group Session, in which you can also able to create a group with your friends and in real time enjoy the streaming experience but it has some limitations.
How Does Spotify Jam Worked?
Jam Session on Spotify is not a separate app to experience the ultimate of musical taste it is a feature that is inbuilt with the Spotify platform and as of now, it is only available for premium users only.
Basically, the Spotify Jam feature works by creating a jam session by a premium user, and then anyone can join the session no matter whether you’re a free user.
You can add or remove your favourite songs or tracks to the queue and anyone in that session can add their favourite ones also.
Spotify Jam Features
Here are some of the key features of Spotify Jam:
Real-time Collaboration: Jam Session allows users to experience real-time music with friends and family members even if they’re not in the same room or location.
Collaborative Playlist Sharing: With Jam users can create and share playlists in the jam and anyone in that group can edit the playlist in real-time.
Personalized Feed Recommendation: This feature uses Spotify’s Personalized algorithm to recommend songs according to the participant’s musical tastes over the time period.
Music Playback Controls: One of the interesting features of Spotify Jam is music playback control, anyone from the jam session can control music playback including skipping, playing, pausing, and shuffling songs by the host’s allowance.
Shared Queue: Jam session creates a shared queue in which everyone can add songs simultaneously.
How to Start a Spotify Jam Session?
Creating a Jam Session on the Spotify platform is an easy task although you need to make sure that you have a premium account before starting a Jam. Therefore, anyone from any location can join your Jam session regardless of free or premium both users.
To start a Spotify Jam here’s what you need to consider.
- Open the Spotify App on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the “Your Library” Section.
- Click on any of your playlists.
- Next tap on any song you want to add to your Jam Session.
- Then click on the Connect button highlighted below.
- On the next page you’ll see the “Start A Jam” button simply click on it.
- Done! You’ve successfully created your Spotify Jam Session, no you can share it with your friends.
How to Invite Friends to Spotify Jam Session?
After your Jam Session creation now it’s time to invite your friends to the Jam Session, so everyone can experience real-time playlist collaborations together.
So, here are 2 methods one is invite through the link, and another is a QR code by which you can invite friends to your Spotify Jam.
Invite Through A Link: You can invite your friends through a link on multiple share mediums such as Whatsapp, Telegram, and direct messages.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Spotify app and head to your Jam Session.
- Now click on the “Invite” button.
- Then click on the “Share Link” Button to share it with your friends or family members.
Invite Through QR Code: On the other hand you can also invite your friends into your Spotify Jam with QR Code.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to your Spotify Jam Session.
- Next, click on the Invite link.
- Now, click on the “Scan QR” Code option in the bottom of the screen.
Note: – Please make sure that the Bluetooth on both phones is needed to be turned on to make this feature perfectly work.
How to Remove Participants from a Jam Session?
As mentioned earlier, you can add your friends or family members to your Spotify Jam Session without thinking about their account type but there are some conditions that only apply to the host, who creates the Jam.
However, anyone in the session can add other friends but only the host has the ability to remove participants from the group.
So, let’s see how to remove participants from a Jam Session with some clicks.
- First open the Spotify app and go to your Jam Session.
- Click on the Profile Icon of participants.
- Now tap on the Three Dot (…) beside the participant’s Icon.
- Once you click you’ll see an Option “Remove from Jam” Just tap on it to remove the participant.
- Additionally, you can also remove all participants from the Jam session by clicking on the “Remove All Participants” button.
How to Add Songs to Spotify Jam?
Whether you’re a host or participant you can add songs or the whole playlist to the Jam Session within a few clicks. To add a song to the queue list of Spotify Jam you’ll need to follow steps.
- Select a song you want to add to your Spotify Jam.
- Tap on the Three Dot menu of the song.
- Now click on the “Add to Queue” option.
- Done! The song has successfully been added to your Jam.
Similarly, you can also add songs directly from your Jam Session.
- Head to your Jam Session and tap on the “Add Songs” button.
- Once you click, now can you add songs from the Group Recommendation as much as you can to your Spotify Jam.
How to Remove Songs from Spotify Jam Session?
So if you want to remove songs from the Jam session alternatively from the Queue list follow the below steps.
- First select the song from the queue you want to remove.
- Now tap on the Circle Icon before the song name.
- Next, you’ll see a “Remove” button on the bottom left corner of the screen, click on it.
How to End or Leave a Spotify Jam Session?
Only the host can end or leave a Jam Session, a participant can only leave the group but can’t close the entire group.
To leave or end a jam you’ll need to follow some steps, so here’s what you need to do:
- First click on the End Button next to the Invite button on the Jam Session.
- Now, you’ll see a pop-up message says End Jam and Dismiss, click on the End Jam button.
So, here in this article, we’ll discuss Jam Session and its unique features along with how to start a Spotify Jam session with your friends and family members.
However, Spotify Jam is a newly introduced Spotify Feature that is available only for Spotify premium users you can add in it as a free user to someone’s Jam session if the host invites you.
I hope all the doubts regarding this Jam Session have been solved and if you have faced any other issue or problem with this feature, feel free to ask in the comment section.