How to Remove Podcast from Spotify: Did you ever think about how to remove podcast from Spotify if you have a Spotify collection and you want to remove a particular podcast or shows from your library how to do?
Well, removing a podcast from Spotify is a simple and straightforward task that can be done with some clicks and most of the people ask the same question as they want to do the process but they don’t find the proper guidance.
Don’t worry in this article we’ll explore how to remove podcasts from Spotify step-by-step no matter whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user of Spotify.
Read More: – How to Watch Joe Rogan Videos on Spotify
As we stated earlier, Spotify allows users to save their favourite podcasts or playlist in their account but when anyone tried to remove a particular podcast show or playlist they face the issue.
However, removing a podcast from Spotify can be easy but if you’ve multiple devices and want to know the removal process of each and every device with proper guidance then I have already mentioned the steps and methods for all devices and other possible ways.
1. How to Remove Podcast from Spotify Mobile (Android)
If you want to remove a specific Spotify podcast show from your library then follow the below simple steps:
- Open the Spotify App on your Android mobile device.
- Navigate to your Library option located in the bottom right corner.
- Then click on the Podcasts & Shows.
- Next tap on the podcast you want to remove from your library.
- Once you clicked the podcast there will a screen appear with lots of information, clicked on the following button to unfollow
- Done! You’ve successfully remove your selected podcast from your library.
2. How to remove podcast from Spotify on iPhone
Just like Android devices many people also want to know how to remove podcasts from Spotify on iPhone devices, so let’s take a look at how to do that by following the below step-by-step guide.
- Open the Spotify App on your iPhone.
- Head to the Your Library option.
- Click on the Podcast & Shows and then select the podcast you want to remove.
- Next tap on the “Three Dots” menu besides Setting Icon
- Now click on the Stop following button.
- Done! You’ll Successfully Remove Podcast from Your Library
By the following above steps you can very easily remove podcasts from Spotify on your iPhone.
3. How to remove podcast from Spotify your shows
Removing podcasts from Spotify from your shows is an easy task and all the steps almost remain very similar to other methods.
So, here’s what you need to do:
- First open the Spotify Application on your desired devices.
- Next browse and find the “Your Shows’ option.
- After that, tap on the podcast you want to remove from your current library.
- Now click on the Following button to Unfollow.
- Once you’ve stop following the podcast there will be a pop up window appears says Removed from your Library.
4. How to remove podcast From Spotify History
If you want to remove a podcast from Spotify history then it should be clear that Spotify does not allow users to remove particular podcasts from your listening history or from your library.
As of my research, there is no option left on the Spotify application in which users can remove any particular podcast show or any other content from their Spotify account. However, you can hide your listening history from your followers.
Although, you can try to clear your entire Spotify listening history including podcasts, songs, and any other content you add.
To do this process follow the below steps:
- Open the Spotify App and click on the Settings Icon top right corner.
- Next scroll down and tap on the Privacy option.
- Under the Listening History section on the Clear button if seen.
Read Also: – How to Add a playlist to another playlist on Spotify
5. How to remove podcast from Spotify Home page
To remove podcasts from Spotify from your home page then you’ll need to follow some of the below simple steps.
- At first, open the Spotify app and navigate to the “Your Library” option.
- Then, click on the podcast you want to remove from your Spotify homepage.
- Now you click on the Following button to Unfollow.
- Done! You’ll successfully remove the podcast from Spotify Home page.
- Do the same steps for each and every podcast you want to remove from your Spotify home page.
6. How to remove podcast from Spotify library
To remove unwanted or your listening podcast from Spotify library and keep your library well-organised and clean then here is the steps you need to follow.
- Open the Spotify Application from any device.
- Go to the “Podcast & Shows” option in Your Library.
- Now select the podcast you wish to remove.
- Then click on the three dots menu (…)
- Next tap on the Stop Following option showing on the screen.
- Repeat the same steps until you removed all of your unwanted and older podcasts from your library section.
7. How to Remove podcast from Spotify Daily Drive
As you know that Spotify daily drive is a personalized playlist created by Spotify it combined music and podcasts into a single playlist for a better listening experience for users. This playlist updates daily according to your music taste and preferences including Songs, podcast shows, and daily news.
Spotify consistently tracked their user’s listening history, likes, and dislikes so they can optimize their daily drive playlist according to users.
However, in July I could not find any kind of daily drive or any personalized feed in my latest version of Spotify application. According to some news sources, Spotify’s daily drive is not being extended anymore.
And somehow if you find your daily drive playlist and wanted to remove podcasts from that then there are several methods to do that. The easiest one is to dislike the song or podcast show that you didn’t want to listen to anymore.
Must Read: – How Can you see who vies your Spotify Profile
8. How to remove podcast from recently played on Spotify
I recently saw many people search on the internet about how to remove podcasts from recently played sections on Spotify, so let’s explore all the details you’ll need to know for removing podcasts from recently played sections.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Scroll down and find Recently Played Section.
- Next click on the profile which you want to remove.
- Now click on the Three Dots.
- Then scroll down and tap on the Exclude From Taste Profile.
Remember, one of the easiest ways to remove podcasts from recently played on Spotify is to go to the Recently Played section and select the content you wish to remove now click on the three dots menu and tap on the Remove from “Recently Played Section”.
However, from time to time Spotify changes its features and preferences so if you did not find the “Remove From Recently Played” option then you’ll go with the above-mentioned steps.
Read More:- How to fix Spotify Lyrics not Showing
I hope in this comprehensive guide you’ll find your questions answer about How to Remove Podcast from Spotify. Removing podcasts from Spotify is a straightforward process that can be done so easily within a few clicks whether you’re an experienced guy or a newbie.
If you found any other issues or any other questions regarding this topic feel free to ask me in the comment section, I’ll definitely try to answer your question as soon as possible.